How we Raise Our Puppies which includes our Health and Genetic Guarantee
If you are interested in one of our puppies please fill out our questionnaire to start the process of being placed on one of our waiting lists. Once your deposit of $200.00 is received we will place you on the desired Upcoming Litter. Once the litter arrives and we are past the first critical "72 hours" it is then that we will confirm with you that we have a puppy available for you. In the event that "mother nature" does not work with us, and your desired sex/color is not available in the given litter, at that time your deposit will be transferred to one of our upcoming litters.
Once the litter arrives, and we guarantee a puppy for you, your Deposit is NON REFUNDABLE (ALL REASONS) We have held a puppy for you and declined other families. However your deposit is transferable to use towards any future within the next 2 years from the date it was originally received.
Please understand we are not a puppy factory filling orders, the wait could take up to a year depending on breeding cycles.
Lynneville Labradors ALWAYS reserves the right to hold any puppy(s) for our breeding program. If you have a specific color or sex please make sure to let us know and include anything that will help us place a puppy that will work best with you and your family. The Puppies are raised in the Lower Level of our home in our family room so they are socialized everyday with everyone in our home including all of our Labradors as well.
Once the litter arrives, we will provide you with weekly updates on our girls last weeks of pregnancy and the 8 weeks the
puppies spend with us. We do this by sharing email's, video's and pictures. We know how exciting purchasing a puppy
can be for you and your family so we love to share in that joy with you. If you are interested in visiting your puppy while
they are here they are available for visits right around seven weeks old. It is at this time that they have been Veterinary
cleared, had their first booster shot, and are very socially aware of everything going on around them. Please understand
that we do this to protect our puppies and ensure they are the healthiest when they begin to go home. Our puppies are
available to go home after they reach 8 weeks of age. Once each litter arrives we announce their "Go Home" Date so all
of you can plan ahead.
Also you can visit our FB Page - Lynneville Labradors . As the puppies begin to be weaned from their mother we
introduce them to Puppy Food starting with a "Gruel Mixture". As they continue to grow in your home we suggest you place them on any "Quality Puppy Food" we suggest Royal Canin Labrador Puppy or a comparable food.
They are also partially potty trained when you pick them up as they will be introduced to the outdoors (weather and season permitting) from week seven (after their 1st Shots) and of course while they are here they will receive lots of love.
The medical care that your puppy will receive while in our care is very important to us. All of our puppies are Initially examined by our Vet in our home during the first 72hrs after whelping. This examination is to ensure mom and puppies are all healthy. They will be dewormed every two weeks while they are here as well as receive a weekly bath and nail clipping. At seven weeks of age each of the puppies are again examined by our veterinarian and then we give their initial booster shots. We want to ensure our puppies go home with everything they need to start their new lives. All of this is documented in your puppy’ s chart and a copy of this information is provided to you when you pick up your puppy.
Raising quality puppies is a priority to us. Labrador's come in 3 Colors Black, Yellow, and Chocolate. A Yellow Labrador can range from a lighter Yellow to a Dark Red(Fox Red) and a Chocolate Labrador can range from a Lighter Chocolate to a Darker Chocolate. They do not come in SILVER. From day 3 to day 16, we perform the 'Super Dog' program to start early neurological stimulation. Our puppy area in our home includes tunnels, slides and a variety of other stimulating toys, that you will see in our weekly photo's as the puppies grow. We also begin to introduce "clicker" training as long-term some of these puppies will grow to be service dogs for "Alpha Bravo" so our goal is to produce the all around puppy that will do well in my home, your home, and as service companions.
All puppies are introduced to different types of ground, such as, concrete, gravel, grass, carpet, tile, wood, etc. Because we believe in an all purpose Labrador, some of our puppies are introduced to gun fire and feathers before they leave our home for those looking for Hunting Partners. We provide our puppies with what we feel to be the best start to their lives.
Once we announce the "go home" day for your litter if you cannot pick your puppy up on this scheduled day please let us know. We are more then glad to keep the puppies a few additional days, for a nominal fee, until you are your family are prepared to bring them home. We have no problem holding your puppy until your family is ready for them but we must
make a nominal charge to cover our expenses during this time. If in the event your puppy stays longer and
is due for an additional set of shots we can do these for you as well and add this to your final balance.
All puppies are sold with a AKC Limited Registration . The understanding and time that goes into raising a litter of puppies is something that we take very serious so we do not give full registration.
All puppies that are purchased come with Health and Genetic Guarantee. .
The biggest question we get is " Is a Puppy Picked for us or do we get to choose a puppy?"
We have been asked this question many times and our answer is always the same. We start temperament testing on
each litter at 5-6 weeks and document what we are seeing with each puppy after each test, each week. As we develop
this information we compare it to the Puppy Questionnaire you filled out with us so we can determine your household
make-up (Other Children or Dogs), your activity level, and long-term what you are looking for in your puppy such as just a
companion, hunting partner, or potential therapy dog. As we compare the documentation on the temperament testing to
your questionnaires we develop an idea of what puppies would do best in your home. We then narrow that down to your
1st and 2nd Choices on your Deposit Contract and allow you to pick which puppy fits your home. Our goal is not only to
make sure you obtain the forever friend you are looking for but to also make sure we are doing right by our puppies and
not placing them in a home that has expectations that he/she would never live up to.
Our Health and Genetic Guarantee
Limited Five Day Guarantee on Health
If, upon examination by your veterinarian, it is determined that your puppy has any physical problem which makes it a poor health risk, you may within three days of purchase return the puppy to Lynneville Labradors for a full refund or a full credit towards another puppy. To make a claim under this warranty, you must contact us in the first three days after purchase and provide documentation of such health defects. This documentation must be provided by a licensed veterinarian showing that your puppy has a health defect and why he/she believes the puppy to be in poor health. This statement also must include a description of the symptoms supporting his opinion. Since it is your intention to return the puppy for a refund or credit, your veterinarian should not provide any further immunizations or treatment to the puppy. A full examination will be conducted by our veterinarian upon return to Lynneville Labradors.
Limited 6 Month Guarantee Against Hip Dysplasia
The Labrador's here at Lynneville Labradors are certified by the Orthopedic Foundation for Animals (OFFA) (www.offa.org) when they reach two years of age. We also have preliminary examinations performed by our Veterinarian before and during their first two years of life to ensure the quality of our Labradors. Hip dysplasia cannot be diagnosed at birth and is not considered a congenital anomaly. There is strong evidence that the primary cause of hip dysplasia is joint laxity very early in life. Although many genes are responsible for the development of hip dysplasia, 50% of the variation of severity of hip dysplasia is caused by environmental factors. If your puppy is determined by the OFA to have moderate or severe hip dysplasia before the age of 6 months, Lynneville Labradors will provide you with a complete credit towards another puppy.
To make a claim under this provision, you must send Lynneville Labradors a copy of the OFA written report, performed at or after 30 days of your Labrador's 6 month age mark (But not after 7 months of age)
25 Month Guarantee on RD, PRA and Epilepsy
If during the first 26 months of your puppy's life he/she is diagnosed with having a debilitating congenital defect that in your veterinarian's opinion prevents your puppy from serving you as a companion pet, Lynneville Labradors, will at your option provide you with either a full refund or full credit towards another Lynneville Labrador Labs puppy.
To make a claim under this warranty we require a statement from your Veterinarian indicating the date of his diagnosis, the nature of the defect, and a statement that the defect is congenital in nature. This documentation must also provide reasons why the defect prevents the puppy from serving as a companion pet.
REFUNDS MAY BE DEPENDENT UPON A SECOND VETERINARIAN'S OPINION, AT THE EXPENSE OF LYNNEVILLE
LABRADORS. IN SOME CASES THIS WILL REQUIRE FOR YOU TO RETURN THE PUPPY TO US.
General Terms and Conditions for above stated Warranties
1. You qualify for a refund or credit for another puppy only for the reasons and in the manner stated herein.
2. If you are eligible for and select a refund under these warranties, "Lynneville Labradors:" will refund your puppy's full purchase price by check within 14 days of receipt of all documentation substantiating your claim and upon the return of the AKC paperwork.
3. If you choose another puppy from "Lynneville Labradors" which has a price greater than the amount of your credit, you must pay the difference. If your new choice has a price less then your credit, you will be refunded by check within 14 days of the transaction.
4. "Lynneville Labradors" warranties concerning health, life and condition are limited as expressed. We are not responsible for any payments of veterinarian's fee's for examinations, medications, X-rays, laboratory testing or any other treatment unless agree to by "Lynneville Labradors" in writing, prior to the performance of such service.
5. If you are eligible for and select a refund or credit under the provisions of this warranty, you must return any registration or registration application documents for this puppy that have been transferred to you. You must also assign any and all documents back to "Lynneville Labradors" before refund or credit will be issued to you.
6. If it is necessary to ship a replacement puppy, you are responsible for all freight charges.
7. In the warranty covering retinal dysplasia (RD) and progressive retinal atrophy (PRA) the dog must be examined annually by a veterinarian certified by the American College of Veterinary Ophthalmology who will be the sole judge in the diagnosis of congenital eye disorders. In the warranty covering epilepsy, post-traumatic seizure disorders (i.e. those resulting from accidental head injury, lead poisoning, etc) do not qualify for a refund or replacement under these terms and conditions. Dogs judged to have a congenital disorder such as those mentioned or any other, the dog must be spayed/neutered and "Lynneville Labradors" receive written proof of this from the licensed veterinarian who has
performed the surgery before your refund or replacement claim will be honored.
8. In the warranty covering hip dysplasia, the dog must be X-rayed within the 0-6 month range , and the OFA will be the sole judge regarding hip dysplasia. If the dog is under 2 years of age and you suspect that the dog might be dysphasic, the X-ray can be sent either to the OFFA or to "Lynneville Labradors" veterinarian for review which will save you the OFA fee. If the dog is judged to have "moderate" or "severe" hip dysplasia, the dog must be spayed/neutered and "Lynneville Labradors" must receive written proof of this from the licensed veterinarian who has performed the surgery before your refund or replacement claim will be honored.
9. This warranty is non-transferable and becomes void if the dog is sold or placed.